We spent an early Father's Day (Molly and I were in Texas for the real day) at Rock Ledge Ranch, which is part of Garden of the Gods. It's very sobering to look through these pictures of such a perfect day because this historic, beautiful site is now threatened by the Waldo Canyon Wildfire, as are many other treasured places in Colorado Springs. I'm so thankful that we tried to enjoy each of them as often as possible, while they were untouched by the fires.
Wyatt was feeling shy about picture-taking...
The boys were so excited about this bench, running over and shouting "What is this for?" I think they were hoping that it was some sort of vehicle, instead of your run-of-the-mill log bench.
We were fortunate to see so much wildlife on this trip. This deer walked right in front of us to drink from the pond.
We also saw chickens, cows, sheep, huge carp, turtles, ducks and this gorgeous blue heron. Molly was out of her mind with excitement. We have a real animal-lover on our hands!
1 comment:
Looks like a perfect Father's Day to me.
Post a Comment