Mr. Owen Patrick is 6!!!! His real birthday was in the middle of the week and we had a very fun day. We brought chocolate dipped pretzels to school, played after school with our friends, Josh came home early to open presents, we skyped with Logan and Laila, and had breakfast quiche for dinner.
And Owen got a haircut and a faux-hawk for before school, for a little birthday fun!The following weekend, we had a super-hero party with all his friends. We invited 5 of his friends and 2 little brothers/sisters that are Wyatt's age. 10 kids in one house on a VERY windy day! It was nuts! But the best type of nuts...Owen had the best day EVER! We had a "super O" birthday cake and cupcakes. Chocolate with vanilla icing...yum!
We made a city-scape for the kids to decorate with super-heros and villians while we were waiting for everyone to arrive. Wyatt is wearing his big "craft" t-shirt. Owen is very strong and very, very excited.
The big activity of the party was for the kids to decorate their own capes, as party favors, and then run through a super hero training course around the yard, all decked out. Here, the boys are posing by the "evil castle" before the party starts.
Owen is jumping over the castle (another part of the obstacle course). It ended up being insanely windy by the time all the friends arrived, but it was still alot of fun.
The Hobgood fam!
Molly wore a really cute dress. I used to do this face all the time as a baby. I call it the "classic Bree" face. I'm glad to see the tradition is being carried on. She's certainly the sweetest little angel there has ever been.
Birthday cake time!!
We ate cake and opened presents while waiting for the capes to dry. I love Owen's posing-with-presents face:-)
The kids punched through tissue paper to find their super-hero masks. This activity was a big hit!
Wyatt (or as he prefers to be called, "Jello") wouldn't take off the costume for the rest of the day, even when reading books before bed.
With so many excited kiddos at our house, it was hard to remember to take pictures of everything. So, we do not have a picture of all the kids in their capes, but we do have an adorable video of the kids listening to instructions about the super hero training course. I love how Wyatt is so, so exicted. He says something that's hard to hear in the video, which is "I'm going to run away from the wind."
3 comments:
I have A LOT of comments to make:
1. it is funny/cute that Molly is wearing a necklace (in the first picture)
2. Owen’s fauxhawk is adorable. Did it stay? His hair is so set in its ways that I thought this might have been a challenge!
3. The cake and cupcakes are super great. You always make the cutest toppers.
4. Molly is doing some serious Bree face! Mom tried to describe Molly’s dress to me and called it “old fashioned” I didn’t understand what she meant but now her description makes perfect sense.
5. The punching game was a cool idea and looks like it was a big hit. As does the obstacle course.
6. Owen’s enthusiasm is always so obvious. That kid cannot hide his emotions at all. I ALWAYS love his faces.
7. Wyatt sitting in bed in that mask stole my heart. That is the perfect example of Wyatt and his Wyatt vibe.
8. I love how there is excitement hugging in the video. All of the kids seem like they are going to explode.
What a great party! I am so glad that Pop and I could be there and help celebrate.
Looks like fun!! "What the" (not sure which kid said that) seems to be quite the kindergarten term these days..
Post a Comment